Join Made in Fife
Benefits of Membership
Events - We organise several events a year - participation is open to Made in Fife members only
Brochure - We produce a brochure twice yearly, which highlights our members and their work/location etc. The cost of this and advertising costs for events is met by the membership fee. When we attend Art and Craft events however, a charge is levied according to the costs incurred by Made in Fife. This varies from around £20 - £50 per event, per member.
Showcases - We have several showcases in the Adam Smith Theatre in Kirkcaldy where members are welcome to display examples of their work. There are also carousels to hold business cards, flyers and brochures. We are always on the lookout for other showcase and event venues!
Free page on MIF website - Members are also encouraged to submit text and photographs for inclusion on the Made in Fife website. The website would also provide a link to your own website.
There are several basic criteria for joining. To apply for membership you must be able to answer “yes” to all of the following three criteria.
- My business is based in Fife
- I design and produce my own work
- I have public liability insurance
You also must be able to answer “Yes” to at least three of the following criteria:
- I have a business bank account
- I have a business plan
- I actively promote my business through exhibiting at trade fairs or other forms of advertising or via my own website
- I have relevant professional qualifications or membership of a relevant professional body or am an elected member of a recognised arts or crafts based society My work has been accepted for display with craft fair organisations with national coverage
Additionally, we try to have a balance of different Art and Craft members and dependant on what your particular skill is, we may have a vacancy or may not.
Membership of Made in Fife is from January to December and the fee is currently £55 per annum. Members who join at any other point in the year are liable for the full membership fee.